- Details: How are you different as directors?
- Fincher: He wraps a lot earlier than I do.
- Affleck: I just go home by lunch. I gauge a day by how early I go home. No, I mean, I don't put myself really on a par with David in terms of "I'm this, he's that."
- Details: What was your takeaway from watching David work?
- Affleck: The biggest thing I learned from David, really, is that he has a kind of insistence on "This is what I want to do, this is how we're going to do it." Because this business has a lot of people saying no—like, "This is going to be too hard" or "This is too expensive" or "No one's going to want to see that" or "We can't have it this way." And I have tended, to my embarrassment, in the past to go, "Oh, you think? Really? We can't do that? I guess we can't do that." And David can push through by force of will what he wants. And I know that the next movie I do, it's going to be colored much more by "Well, this is what I want to do, so we're going to find a way to do it."
- Details: You'll be an asshole the next time.
- Affleck: Yeah, I'll be more of a prick. "He was a nice guy till he worked with Fincher."
← Earlier posts Page 1 of 105